Thursday, June 21, 2007

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall

Hello Again!
I’m am proud to show you, on this beautiful first day of summer, the very first hat I ever knit. I started knitting it last fall with some fine Malabrigo yarn from Uruguay that the lovely Laurie had presented me. It was rather slow going at first, but I pushed on and finished it in early winter:

On sale now for only $4,249.99!


I know exactly what your thinking; What on earth do they need wool for in a South American Country? My thoughts precisely! Upon asking around, I learned that Uruguay winters can get quite cold. I never imagined! Spurred on by this piece of news, I decided to find out what Malabrigo meant (shockingly chilly?). I myself was shocked when I discovered that Mal Abrigo means bad shelter. I certainly don't know where they came up with that name. I can assure you that, should you choose to purchase this hat, it will provide you excellent shelter. You will be the best sheltered chap in all the town, really! ...Maybe I’ll take a bit off the top. Shall we say $3824.99? Do let me know! I should be going now; there's a farewell party for Spring and I must get there before he takes his leave!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Lovely hat, Fare Thee Well lovely Spring.

I do notice how you did not mention that the very first garment you knit (aforementioned lovely hat) was designed, from scratch, by you!